top of page
Frequently Asked Questions

Certified Translation - Interpreting - Immigration
Notary Public in Florida - Legal audio transcription - Weddings

This content is constantly being updated. If you have a question and cannot find the answer here, contact us, and we will be happy to answer.

  • I need a translation. How can I send my document?
    ✅️ For quotes: ✅️ Para cotações:
  • How much will my translation cost?
    Whether your translation needs are simple or complex, we can assist you. Our rates for straightforward documents are very reasonable, with certified translations for Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificates priced at $40.00 per page. School Transcripts are priced at $45.00 per page. For a personalized quote for your document, please visit Check other basic Prices here.
  • What languages can you translate?
    Portuguese, English and Spanish. Other languages if needed.
  • What is a Certified Translation and when do I need one?
    Certified Translation means that the language service provider (LSP) or translator who, for the record, does not necessarily need to be a native speaker or a certified translator, has submitted a signed document stating that the translation made is entirely true and accurately represents the original document. In the US, all documents to be submitted in the academic institutions or universities that are not written in the English language shall be translated and must qualify as a certified translation. Similarly, a certified translation is also required if you are processing documents such as marriage, birth, and death certificates, court transcripts, immigration documents, etc.
  • What´s the difference between Certified and Notarized Translation?
    More than the certification itself, notarized translation is more concerned about following legal procedures. Essentially, both have the same methods; the only difference is that the translator will be required to sign the certification statement in front of a notary, which the government has authorized. Simply put, in notarized translation, the notary’s stamp and signature are all about notarizing the certification itself and not the translation.
  • What is a USCIS Translation?
    A USCIS Translation is a Certified Translation of immigration documents: such as marriage, birth, and death certificates, court transcripts, immigration documents, etc.
  • What types of document files can you translate?
    Word.doc, Excel.xls or Adobe.pdf. Other extensions have to be analyzed first, in order to receive a quote.
  • Do you translate vaccination cards and how long does it take to deliver?
    Yes, we do! Submit a copy of the Vaccination Card through this link, and we will get back to you with a Price Quote. The deadline is stated in the quote.
  • Why do I have to send my documents to receive a translation Price Quote?
    A professional translator needs to see the document to provide an accurate price quote for translation services. There are several reasons for this. First, the length and complexity of the document can significantly affect the translation price. A short and straightforward document may be cheaper to translate than a longer and more technical one. Therefore, the translator needs to see the document in order to determine how much work will be required to complete the translation. Second, the document's content type can also affect the price quote. For example, legal or technical documents may require specialized knowledge or terminology that could affect the translation price. Therefore, the translator needs to see the document to assess the level of complexity and the amount of specialized knowledge required. Third, formatting and layout can also affect the price of the translation. Suppose the document includes graphics, tables, or other formatting elements. In that case, the translator may need to take additional time to ensure these elements are correctly translated and presented in the final document. Therefore, the translator needs to see the document to assess the formatting and layout requirements. Finally, the translator may need to consult with other experts or resources to translate specific terms or phrases in the document accurately. This could affect the price quote if additional research or consultation is required. In conclusion, a translator needs to see the document to provide an accurate price quote for translation services. The length, complexity, type of content, formatting, layout, and need for outside resources can all affect the price quote, and the translator needs to assess these factors to provide an accurate estimate for their services. Don't worry! SCG Law and Language will treat your documents with total confidentiality and care.
  • What is a translation for International Trade?
    Translation for international trade is a service that helps businesses overcome language barriers by providing accurate and reliable translations of documents, contracts, emails, and other types of communication. These services are especially crucial for companies that operate in multiple countries, as they ensure that all parties involved can communicate effectively and understand the terms and conditions of any agreements. Do you need this service? Get in touch with us and let us know how we can help your business to grow!
  • When I might need a Notary Public?
    Whether taking an affidavit, signing a contract, working with deeds, or dealing with a very important life decision, such as a Will or Healthcare Directive, allow me to attest (certify) with the help of my expertise. Learn more at my Notary Public page.
  • What is Notarized Translation?
    More than the certification itself, notarized translation is more concerned about following legal procedures. Essentially, both have the same methods; the only difference is that the translator will be required to sign the certification statement in front of a notary, which the government has authorized. Simply put, in notarized translation, the notary’s stamp and signature are all about notarizing the certification itself and not the translation. I can provide Certified Translations in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
  • Is it possible to have my document notarized online?
    For remote online notarization, please get in touch with our partner, Michael Nunez, at +1 (305) 218-4329.
  • How can I book an appointment with a Notary?
    Hi! ✅️ For bookings:
  • Do I Need a Certified and Notarized Translation for USCIS?
    A few years ago certified translations for USCIS had to be notarized. However, recently the rules have changed and for immigration purposes applicants are no longer required to submit a notarized translation. The non-English language documents have to be translated by a professional translator and be accompanied by his/her certification. Source:
  • Can my wife notarize a document for me?
    No. The better practice is not to notarize for a spouse or family member in order to preserve the integrity of the notarization and to prevent a challenge to the notarization. Source: American Association of Notaries
  • What is an Apostille?
    Foreign embassies or consulates, like the Brazilian Consulate, often require an apostille or notarial certificate for vital record certificates. The 1961 Hague Convention established the apostille as a form of authentication for its member states. In Florida, the Secretary of State is the only designated Competent Authority to issue apostilles in the State of Florida. You might need an Apostille of an official document issued by a governamental department in one country, to be able to use in another country. Ex: American issued Birth Certificate to be used in Brazil for getting your resident documents must be translated and apostilled.
  • What other services you provide as a Notary Public in Florida?
    I can also offer the following services: - Witnessing court-mandated telephone hearings for non-criminal cases; - Field inspections: verifying informations about a business; - Process serving - Form I-9 (employment eligibility verification) services - Immigration Forms Specialist
  • Do you offer services for employees that need an I-9 agent for verification of the 2nd part, or is this just for a company hiring the employee?
    Our services cater to both employees and employers. If you are an employee, you can visit our website and select a date and time that works best for you under the "Schedule Online" tab. Make sure to fill out all the necessary information and read the "Learn more" section for additional details about this service. On the other hand, if you are an employer seeking employment verification of your employee's I-9 Form, please email with your request and instructions. Don't forget to mention that SCG Law and Language is your Authorized Representative for this matter.
  • What methods of payment do you accept?
    Direct Deposit via Zelle. Credit-Debit Cards or PayPal (4.5% fees).
  • I have to cancel my request, can I get a refund?"
    If you decide to cancel the service up to 24 hours after paying for the entire service, you can get a refund of 100% of the amount paid. However, a cancellation fee of $35.00 will be deducted from the refunded amount. If you decide to cancel the service after work has begun, you will receive a refund of a maximum of 50% of the total amount paid.
  • How can I pay for my service?
    We accept Zelle, Debit or Credit Cards, and PayPal. More information will be provided on the Price Quote .
  • Can I get married outside of a church or courthouse?
    I can officiate your wedding anywhere in the state of Florida. Read this article with some information on weddings in Florida. Contact me to set the date.
  • What is a Marriage License?
    A marriage license is a legal document obtained by a couple prior to marriage. Once the license is signed (during or after your ceremony) and returned by an officiant to the county, a marriage certificate is issued. Font:
  • How do you obtain a marriage license in Florida?
    Every marriage license is issued by a county court judge or clerk of the circuit court under his or her hand and seal. Marriage licenses are issued by counties and you can apply for your license at any county clerk's. Click Here for Clerk of the Court contact information by county. You can get married in any county in Florida, regardless of where you obtained your marriage license. To obtain a marriage license you need: Identification: a picture ID such as a driver's license, state ID card, or valid passport; both parties will also have to provide their Social Security numbers, but do not need to provide their Social Security Cards. Fees: $93.50. Marriage license fees can be reduced by up to $32.50 if you complete a licensed Florida pre-marital course. If you want to get married in a particular city and need to locate the courthouse but are not sure what county, Click Here for a listing of cities /cities-with-county/ along with the county identification which will allow you to locate the courthouse /clerks-of-court/.
  • Can I get married in Florida without a marriage license?
    No. Well, you wouldn't be legally married. You need to sign a marriage license and have at least 2 witnesses. You can choose where you want to get married, however.
  • Is there a waiting period to be married after having applied for a marriage license in Florida?
    Yes, for Florida residents. Marriage license applications are issued the same day as requested as long as all requirements are met. But there is a 3-day waiting period to be married for couples who live in Florida but do not provide proof that they have completed a premarital preparation course.
  • Do you have to be a Florida resident to get married?
    There are no residency requirements to get a Florida marriage license. However, Florida residents must endure a waiting period to marry. Where can I use my marriage license? You can use your Florida marriage license to marry anywhere in the state, but only in this state.
  • What is the difference between Translation and Interpretation?
    Interpreting is an oral translation. Interpreting seeks to provide people of different languages with the opportunity to participate, without any linguistic barriers, in debates, conferences, and interviews through the assistance of specialized, trained professionals, with knowledge in the respective field. I can help you with Immigration interpreting during your USCIS interviews. Get in touch with me to provide your with a quote, or schedule an appointment to receive help on how to fill out your forms. I speak Portuguese and English.
  • What types of Interpretation do you provide?
    We provide by phone or in-person interpretation.
  • What is the role of an Interpreter during the USCIS interview?
    The interpreter's role during an immigration interview in the United States is to facilitate communication between the immigration applicant and the immigration officer, ensuring that the process takes place accurately and fairly despite language barriers. Here are some of the primary responsibilities of the interpreter during this situation: Translation: The interpreter translates the questions asked by the immigration officer into the applicant's native language and then translates the applicant's responses back into English, enabling a complete understanding by both parties. Neutrality: The interpreter must remain neutral and objective, faithfully conveying all information between the immigration officer and the applicant without adding personal interpretations. Accuracy: It's essential for the interpreter to accurately convey all words and nuances of questions and answers, ensuring that nothing is lost or distorted in translation. Confidentiality: The interpreter must treat all information discussed during the interview with confidentiality, following ethical and professional guidelines. Term Clarification: The interpreter may be asked to explain complex technical or legal terms to the applicant, ensuring they fully understand the questions. Communication Facilitation: If there's any misunderstanding or confusion, the interpreter may intervene to clarify and ensure both sides understand each other. Impartiality: The interpreter should not take sides or influence the applicant's responses. Their role is solely to facilitate communication. Professionalism: The interpreter should act professionally throughout the interview, respecting the timing and established protocols. It's important to note that in some immigration situations, interpreters must be certified or accredited to ensure they possess the necessary language and ethical skills to fulfill this critical role. Additionally, the presence of an interpreter in the interview may vary depending on the type of immigration process and the specific policy of the responsible agency. Contact us
  • What is USCIS?
    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), is the government agency that oversees legal immigration to the United States. USCIS is primarily responsible for approving green cards, naturalization, work permits, travel permits, and other “immigration benefits.”
  • Can you help me with immigration?
    The only people who can represent you to USCIS are lawyers who are members of the state bar association, accredited representatives on the list kept by the Board of Immigration Appeals, and a few other people. Only lawyers and accredited representatives may charge a fee to help you. Check here some information about Immigration to the USA. I can help you to fill out the forms you will need to send to your lawyer and to USCIS. Schedule an appointment with me now, and let´s get your process started!
  • What is a green card?
    A “green card,” issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), provides proof of lawful permanent resident status, with authorization to live and work anywhere in the United States. Most green cards must be renewed every 10 years, but conditional green cards based on marriage or investment must be replaced after the first 2 years.
  • Can I work in the U.S. while waiting for my green card?
    Anyone who already has a valid work visa (for example, an H-1B or L-1 visa) can usually continue working in the United States even while applying for a U.S. green card. Otherwise, green card applicants aren’t allowed to start working in the United States until they obtain a work permit by filing Form I-765.
  • What is a lawful permanent resident?
    A lawful permanent resident, also known as a “green card holder,” is a foreign national who is authorized to live and work anywhere in the United States, sponsor certain relatives for their own green cards, and ultimately apply for U.S. citizenship.
  • What is the purpose of the Form I-9?
    Federal law requires employers to verify the identity and employment authorization of new employees and to reverify employment authorization only in certain instances at a later date. Employers must use Form I-9 to do this. Your employer will ask you to complete Section 1. Please review the instructions and print clearly.
  • Must I fill out everything in Section 1 of Form I-9?
    No. The three optional fields are: (1) Social Security Number, (2) E-mail Address, and (3) Telephone Number. If your employer uses E-Verify, you must provide your Social Security Number. If you provide your e-mail address and phone number, E-Verify will be able to give you important information regarding your E-Verify case.
  • Should I complete Section 2 or Section 3 of Form I-9?
    No. Section 2 and Section 3 are completed by your employer or Authorized Representative.
  • Is Form I-9 available in other languages?
    Yes. Form I-9 is also available in Spanish for use in Puerto Rico. Outside Puerto Rico, the Spanish version can be used only to help employers and employees complete the English language form.
  • May someone who understands English help me fill out Form I-9?
    Yes. You may ask someone to help you complete the form. Common examples are where you need the form translated for you or need help writing in your information. The person who translates or completes the form for you must complete the “Preparer and/or Translator certification” on Form I-9. However, you personally must sign Section 1. SCG Law & Language can act as a Preparer or Interpreter to help filling out the Form I-9 for you. Schedule an appointment with us at
Contato FAQ´s
bottom of page